Finnish moving and logistics industry service provider Niemi Services has partnered with Neste to introduce Neste’s MY Renewable Diesel in all its diesel vehicles. The move will help customers moving home or office in Finland to reduce their carbon footprints.
The renewable diesel, which is made entirely from waste and residue raw materials, will help Niemi’s customers reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emission related to moving by up to 90%.
“As the market leader in the industry, we want to lead the way in reducing logistics emissions,” commented Juha Niemi, director of Niemi Services. “Our aim is to reduce particulate emissions and the use of fossil fuels to zero.
“Sustainability is becoming increasingly important to our customers, and caring for the environment already plays a role in many of our services. For example, customers can recycle all waste resulting from moves using our services so that nothing ends up as landfill waste.”
Each year, Niemi helps around 35,000 residential and business customers to move home or office. Over the course of a year, Niemi estimates that its GHG emissions from transportation equates to around 2.1 million kilograms; replacing fossil fuels with a renewable alternative could reduce emissions equivalent to removing approximately 700 passenger cars from the road annually.
Niemi added: “With Neste MY Renewable Diesel, we can give our customers the cleanest moving in Finland, as we will no longer use fossil fuels. 20% of our vehicles already run on biogas, and we will now introduce Neste MY Renewable Diesel in the remaining 80% of our diesel fleet.”
The Finnish logistics company will also adopt the Neste Oma Asema service at its logistics centre in Hankasuontie in Helsinki, where drivers will be able to refuel their trucks, eliminating unnecessary mileage and emissions.
“Combating climate change calls for quick, instantly effective solutions,” explained Panu Kopra, executive vice-president of Neste’s marketing and services business unit. “By choosing Neste MY Renewable Diesel, drivers can reduce their carbon footprint by approximately 90% compared to fossil diesel.
“In addition to private customers, many logistics companies have also selected this low-emission, sustainable alternative. Niemi’s choice is an indication of the importance of sustainability for the company, and we’re delighted to collaborate with the company.”
LATEST VIDEOHow sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) is making its way in the aviation sector
Popular News Stories