Woodcote Media Ltd, based in the UK with company registration number 9319685, is a business-to-business publisher and organiser of conferences and exhibitions spanning a variety of sectors.
Data and information are at the heart of what Woodcote Media does, and we take matters of data privacy seriously. We respect our relationships with customers, clients, visitors, sponsors, exhibitors, contributors, suppliers and colleagues, and the trust they place in us to hold their personal information.
How we collect Personal Information:
1. Through our websites, our mobile device or desktop applications, our program add-ins, or any other Woodcote Media tool or delivery platform through which we make our content available
2. When you interact with us through social media websites and other websites and apps
3. As a result of your subscribing to or contracting for our services
4. As a result of your attendance at our conferences, webinars and other events, or at events not organised by us where you interact with our staff
5. When you communicate with our staff, including, for example, through instant messaging applications and email
6. Through our own research, through our partnerships and from third parties that provide it to us (e.g., your employer, where appropriate in the context of providing services; credit reference agencies to the extent necessary to detect and prevent fraud; law enforcement authorities to the extent necessary to investigate actual or suspected criminal activity).
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Service is any website owned website operated, conference/exhibition organized or any magazine published by Woodcote Media Ltd.
• Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
• Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Phone number
• Address, State, Province, Postal code, City, Country
• Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
• Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
• Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
• Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Woodcote Media Ltd uses the collected data for various purposes:
• To provide and maintain the Service
• To notify you about changes to our Service
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
• To provide customer care and support
• To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
• To monitor the usage of the Service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
• For marketing and commercial purposes
Sharing of Data
If you participate in one of our events as a speaker, sponsor, exhibitor or attendee, your personal information will be used in connection with the running of the event, to handle payments and recover debts.
We will also use your personal information to maintain databases that allow us to assess your qualities as a speaker or sponsor/exhibitor, promote events and encourage further engagement at our events.
In addition, photos and videos are taken at our events, which may feature attendees, speakers, sponsors or exhibitors. Where we have taken photos and videos at our events that feature you as an attendee, sponsor or exhibitor, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws, those photos and videos may be used for promotional purposes.
When registering for a Woodcote Media event, your name and your company’s name may be shared with other attendees of the same event to aid networking.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the UK and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the UK and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Woodcote Media Ltd may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of Woodcote Media Ltd
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data. This privacy notice fulfils that requirement.
You can request your data, correct, erase, or restrict processing from:
Woodcote Media Ltd
124 Middleton Road